Saturday, October 28, 2017

Me Too. By Geniusofdespair



I cannot even begin to count the times I have been sexually harassed at the work place or there was  inappropriate sex speak. In those days, women just ignored it.  I suppose I was a minimizer and I can't imagine what I was signaling with body language.  My most interesting incident was when I was in my 30's.
My boss had a construction crew in his office. I went in and there was a drill of some sort sitting in the middle of the room. It had an electric cord and it sat about 3 feet high. I had never seen anything like it. I looked at my boss and said: "What is that?" 
In front of the half dozen men he said: "That is your vibrator."
All eyes turned to me. I said: "That isn't my vibrator, I kick start my vibrator" and I left the room.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Women being harassed or worse in school, work, and elsewhere
Black men being shot by police with none or very few police convictions
Puerto Ricans being treated as second class citizens or worse
Poor citizens denied reasonable help from government
Russia hacking and using social media to corrupt our election system
Looks like we are going backwards instead of evolving forward

Anonymous said...

You were smarter than a room full of men.

Anonymous said...

You are so correct. I'm a guy, but witnessed many women being harassed in the workplace. I might have even been guilty in the past. Hopefully, by coming into the spotlight this issue will make men realize how much emotional damage it can cause.