Tuesday, August 09, 2016

I Don't Read Other Blogs. By Geniusofdespair



I can't write a 1,200 word post like Gimleteye. Gimleteye is a much better writer, I am a better researcher. I take a long time to write and I notice I am leaving more typos in than ever. I put a lot of effort into writing for this blog and managing it. It just doesn't seem worth it when it affects my personal life. I do have a personal life and there is a lot going on there right now. Doing this for so many years and then taking garbage from readers is annoying. I write mainly about Miami Dade County politics and that is annoying enough.

I don't read other blogs and don't care much about them mainly because I just don't have the time. Most of the other bloggers, I suspect, don't write 7 days a week. I am sure they are very good and the writers are talented. When readers come on my blog, and are disrespectful, "Read this blog, it is better" or in essence say, your writing is "sophomoric." I say back to them....don't read my blog posts. I don't care, or in my usual language: I don't give a shit.  I was an art teacher, never a writer.

I know Raquel Regalado personally. The first time I heard from her she wrote to me: "Someone put something dreadful on your twitter page." I never read my twitter page. It was another blogger. I thought that was a nice gesture on Raquel's part.

I know Raquel's younger brother and have spent many hours with him discussing sea level rise. They are not perfect people but I have grown to really care for them both. It is like when I got to know Daniella Levine Cava. There is a spark in Daniella. She is bright, she is disarming and she loves people, unlike me.  Some people I get to know, I think are special. Some are not. I do not know how to justify that to all of you. I like Rebeca Sosa, I like Xavier Suarez, I like Dennis Moss. Audrey Edmonson and Sally Heyman, still on the fence but it is getting better.  Understand, I don't always like what they all do. I have taken heat about this but I really don't think anyone does what you want 100% of the time. I take the good with the bad. I make lemonade out of the lemons. I try to do my best and if you don't like it, don't come back now, you hear?