Monday, December 29, 2014

Christmas: A bitter pill. By Geniusofdespair

I was 7 or 8 years old. It was Christmas Eve and I went to my father and said: "Daddy I can't sleep." He helped me in the only way he knew how.  He emptied the contents of a Tuinal (a barbiturate) capsule in a glass of water and gave it to me to drink. To say it was bitter was an understatement. Thank you Eli Lilly, and of course dad, for a childhood memory I can't forget. So when I say Bah Humbug! I mean it.

Happy Holidays Gimleteye, I don't believe we exchanged greetings.


I got a nasty message in response to this so I turned off responses, frankly some of you can be assholes.  I am sure all you parents have done something to your child that you regret, i.e. hire a nanny that abuses your child, make money off of destroying your child's future environment, not accepting them as they are, participating in polluting your children's drinking water, etc. so don't point fingers. Look at your own behavior. My father's abuse was very direct and obvious, your behavior might be lying to yourself about what you are doing to hurt your child's future. I see PLENTY of that and when you can finally let go of denial, make amends.