Friday, March 22, 2013

TGIF. By Geniusofdespair

Just sitting here listening to Nina Simone, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues.  So beautiful. When I think of how much pleasure I get from musicians who have passed, I bet they are smiling in ..... well wherever they are; over that rainbow.  Anyone come to mind that you miss?  At least the musicians aren't turning over in their grave like my hero, Thurgood Marshall (Clarence Thomas - Yuk, what a wicked replacement). Now I am watching a Windsurfing video...Jaws about a killer wave spot (if you are attention deficit disordered, skip to 2:45). Not so relaxed anymore...need another dead singer. This video actually includes his funeral at the end. They really needed a big urn for IZ. What a way to celebrate a person's life!  Come on go to the links. Share my mood swings.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Riders on the storm...Jim Morrison.

Anonymous said...

Did all 3 links. The last one was the best.

David said...

Pavarotti and the tragic Maria Callas. The funeral rocked, they needed two people to haul those ashes over the side.

Ross said...

Wow, I was listening to Nina Simone all day at work and was thinking of you at some point. Ne Me Quitte Pas and Pirate Jenny and Four Women. My name is Peaches! Great stuff.