Monday, November 22, 2010

Looking Back At The Miami International Book Fair. By Geniusofdespair

I went Saturday and it was a good time. My only disappointment was that I missed hearing Eugene Robinson on Friday night. I am glad I missed George Bush the beginning of the week.

Jeff Lindsay, the writer of Dexter (the TV series and the Books by the same name) was pretty good humored. He mugged for the photo behind the book he signed for me -- as you can plainly see. He was a good guy.

I listened to Greil Marcus read from his new book Bob Dylan, Writings 1968-2010. He writes beautifully, but I didn't buy the book because I don't care enough about Bob Dylan after Lay Lady Lay came out in 1969. Forty more years of Dylan information wouldn't cut it for me. Marcus stopped his reading to comment on the rude people leaving the room after he only got about 3 sentences into his presentation. I guess he has never experienced a Miami audience before.

I included one other photo on the left. Don't know what the significance of the costume was, but it interested me somewhat. I urge all of you to do the Miami Book Fair next year. It is worthwhile and cheap and some of the strange religious books are extremely amusing. And, the roasted corn is the best eats.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dexter is fantastic.