Sunday, December 06, 2009

My Art Basel Trip. By Geniusofdespair


I liked this one, as you might expect from Genius of Despair. Actually, the color in the sky is what got me (hit on the image to see it). Regular readers: You might be happy to note, by these photos, that I got a new cell phone with a decent camera. Here are other photos I took...

This photo of Queen Elizabeth by Annie Leibovitz, was striking. The rest of the photos I took for all of you (wonder if there is a subliminal message), don't necessarily like the art...


Hit on Liz to really see the quality of the face in this photograph. Leibovitz is a master!





This is what a typical booth looks like at Art Basel:


6 comments:

swampthing said...

genius, the fine art industry is also loaded with unsavory politics... but few watch-dogs willing to bark. Schmoozing is an artzy thing.

Geniusofdespair said...

I don't Schmooze just slither in and out...

Jill said...

Are the shadowy people lurking vaguely in the foreground of the portrait of QE reflections from glass in your photograph or elements of the painting itself?

Geniusofdespair said...

glass ---it is a photo not a painting...

Jill said...

Duh!
Well, I think the reflections add to the original photo.

Geniusofdespair said...

I agree.