Wednesday, November 08, 2017

Love my BMW I3 electric car ... by gimleteye

It’s less expensive than a Tesla. It’s not a Nissan Leaf or a Chevy Volt. The i3 is the in-between price BMW. It’s range isn’t long, but it has a 3 gallon backup to rescue you if stuck beyond a charger. So far, the car marries function and form better than any car I ever owned, and I was an early Prius adopter.

The tires are too small and narrow and the car too light for a luxury or extended highway ride, but for city streets and traffic, it is terrific.  The engineers built a great car, and one that incorporated sustainability through the choice of recycled materials in the interior to the energy sources that drive the factories where the car is built.

The home installation of an outdoor charging port (ChargePoint, I bought it on Amazon.) was a little tricky and expensive, but listen: by that point, I was all in. With the i3 you are not driving a compromise, you are driving the future. And with climate change, it can’t come soon enough. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting. Keep us posted. . .