Sunday, August 27, 2017

Deathy Afraid during the Dog Days of Summer...by Geniusofdespair

What could I be so afraid of? Donald Trump? Dying? Food Poisoning?

I don't think you can guess what I am so afraid of.

It is trying to put on my magnetic eyelashes again. I put them in a box and have not opened them since the first time I tried.

I have an eye problem and cannot use mascara or eyelash glue. I wanted some dazzle for my upcoming birthday, so I ordered these lashes with little magnets on them and they snap easily onto your own lashes...or so they say. Not true.

The company has a help line to call if you can't get them on. The woman who answered said try tweezers (of course we all know metal, attracts magnets so the eye lashes kept sticking to the tweezers). I questioned her further. Turns out she never used them.


I tried to put them on for about an hour. I poked my eye a couple of times. I spent a lot of time on the floor looking for them because the top lashes needed the bottom lashes to hold them. They were clipped sideways on the end of my lashes a few times. The big problem, I couldn't get the top lashes to stay on my lids. According to the video, they were supposed to include a white cloth in case they fell. They didn't include it. The magnet sandwich just doesn't work well. I guess I will give up on the dazzle and accept my scrawny lashes because I don't even know if magnets are safe for my eyes. I know my Doctor would say don't use them so I didn't bother to ask. Anyway, I am too scared to reopen the box. It is sitting there, looking very frightening on my dresser, taunting me to try once again.

This video mirrors my experience.



Now I have the chore of sending them back. I was really just curious more than anything. I admit, I was very, very stupid.

On another note....

I have been binge watching "Game of Thrones". I am up to Season 4. It is getting dumber.  The dwarf and his dad are certainly the best actors in the series. I have avoided long running stuff since "Lost". I just hated that ending.  But now I am stuck in the GOT loop of death and sex.

On a third note... 

I am studying Spanish with Roseta Stone. I don't quite get it. I religiously do it every day but not much is happening yet. I do know what a toilet bowl is called in Spanish. This is what Rosetta Stone said in reply to my question of the need for a dictionary:

"We do not teach you conversational language by translation but by a pedagogical approach known as Dynamic Immersion."

So I will continue to do it and wait for something to happen. 4 years of Spanish in high school didn't help, maybe this will. La Computadora esta en el dormitorio.

I had a rude awakening in the Dollar Store. I understood some of what this guy was saying to his friend. I asked what country they were from because their Spanish was so clear, and they said the United States. I thought why would he say that? Then I realized he might have thought I was from immigration since I looked so official sans good eyelashes. Oops.

And finally LAST BUT NOT LEAST....


CBS4 News Documentary -- Jim DeFede. You must hit the link...really.

When toxic blue-green algae shut down beaches and businesses on the Treasure Coast in 2016, it prompted a political and economic crisis throughout the state.

CBS4 News spent a year tracking the causes of the algae bloom and how the ensuing debate pitted hard-pressed communities against one another.


Watch the entire special here THIS IS THE DIRECT LINK. Here it is again if you would rather do it your own way.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/the-everglades-where-politics-money-race-collide/


What kind of stupid stuff are you doing this summer?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/downtown-miami/article169338002.html?fb_action_ids=10212869795476311&fb_action_types=og.comments

Good for Chris Hodgkins who is trying to prevent mature trees from being killed.

Geniusofdespair said...

I agree he is a very good guy

Anonymous said...

I understand what people have against people but I don't understand what the former have against trees.

About your eyelashes, don't bother, nobody is making eye contact anymore, we are being conditioned to look down at smart phones and other graphic electronic devices which we believe we have total control of. It feels empowering!!!!

Geniusofdespair said...

Some of you-- you can't be serious all the time. Just laugh a little and stop passing judgement on others.