Wednesday, April 26, 2017

The Latest on the Coconut Grove Playhouse, two Very Strong Women hire a Lawyer. By Geniusofdespair

The players in the Playhouse Preservation fight:

Katrina Morris
Barbara Lange - only photo I could find from the Coconut Grove Grapevine.

The county wants to demolish the Court House downtown, now they want to demolish the Playhouse in Coconut Grove -- Demolition Derby in Miami Dade County.

Two of my long time friends, Barbara Lange and Katrina Morris have hired attorney Lowell Kuvin to fight their case for preservation based on historic inferior interior. Better to have the playhouse than a parking lot (County loves parking lots). See the article in the Miami Herald today.
 

I have seen Barbara Lange fight with a room full of Rock Miners. I went with her and was sort of in shock and a little scared. She is pretty tough.  Arthur Teele was a good friend of hers. Every time I see her she forgets who I am -- even though I have known her since 1995 and I have been to her home, drove with her for a few hours and have been at an endless amount of meetings with her.  I swear I even worked for her for a time. A very brief time. Just not on her radar.

Katrina, on the other hand, I went to her wedding and I have know her almost the same amount of time. She remembers me well.  She is a relocated California girl.

Both women know how to battle. Watch out.

No comments: