Date and time:
March 11 at 4:30pm ET
Doors open at 3:30pm ET.
Make a Reservation
The ACLU will host “The Resistance Training: An ACLU Town Hall” in Miami, Florida, the main event to launch its grassroots organizing platform, People Power. There will be volunteer-led Action Events taking place in all 50 states on the same day to watch the livestream of the Resistance Training and put local action plans in place.
The Resistance Training will begin at 5pm ET and feature:
• A welcome from ACLU Executive Director Anthony D. Romero
• Lee Rowland, ACLU Senior Staff Attorney, on “Know Your Rights” and First Amendment rights of protesters
• Louise Melling, ACLU Deputy Legal Director, on Planned Parenthood defunding and Affordable Care Act repeal
• Andre Segura, Staff Attorney with the ACLU Immigrants’ Rights Project, on immigration-related issues, including the Muslim and refugee ban, deportation raids, sanctuary cities
• A live musical performance and an appearance by a guest celebrity
• A national call-to-action to empower local communities to defend their civil liberties
Unfortunately people are becoming complacent, the pink hat tossed aside or mothballed. Occasionally a Presidential Tweet will spark a Facebook reaction...and then it peters out. I guess I am curious if this meeting can spark the sparkless who are back to playing with their kittens, puppies and Grandchildren, too busy in their lives to do something concrete. Complaining on Facebook doesn't count.