Staff and I met with Wayne Rosen this morning (October 6th) and below are a few details of the meeting:
- The developer has informed us that it is his expectation, as of tomorrow, that he will own the golf course and country club.
- The developer has informed us that it is his intention to close the golf course and country club as of tomorrow.
- The developer has informed us that his representative, Patrick Gleber, has been in discussions with the community members and delegates on the future of the golf course.
- The developer has not submitted a plan to the City for future redevelopment, nor does the City have any information related to the redevelopment of the area.
- The developer has informed us that his intent is to refurbish the golf course pending agreement with the neighborhood association on cost sharing.
George Gretsas - City Manager
Watch out Palmetto Bay, he is after you too...I hear he claims he owns Homestead. How far behind is Palmetto Bay? Previous Post on Keys Landing...
The DRI language says the developer must maintain a 150 acre golf course.
Page 108 of the July 1, 2002 meeting agenda, paragraph 2.7.