|Is Jose Luis Castillo the Puppet Master on The Cutler Bay Council? He gets paid to get them elected and then he gets paid to lobby them.|
Highlights from the report:
• Jose Castillo/Green Point Group, $3300 - lobbyist for 9 acre property next to Cutler Wetlands on SW 184 St and Old Cutler Rd. He will lobby for a change in zoning from RU 1 residential to Mixed Use, which means they can build ANYTHING the Cutler Bay Council approves, to include a 3-4 story strip mall. This zoning change application is already in process and the issue will be heard shortly after the elections.
• Juan Mayol, $ 1000 - Attorney and lobbyist for 9 acre property next to Cutler Wetlands on SW 184 st and Old Cutler Rd. Working with Jose Castillo.
• Howard Nelson, $200 - Lawyer for property owner of above 9 acre property, also lawyer that represented same property owner in past negotiations with SFWMD where SFWMD bought adjoining 129 acres Coastal Wetlands currently under restoration. District paid 24 million for the 129 acres and now same greedy property owner wants even more for the other 9 acres by getting the zoning change which will immediately inflate the price of the land.
• Brian Bilzin, $200 - Lawyer for property owner of above 9 acre property…
• Sue Loyzelle, $50 - Current Cutler bay Council member, also managed by Castillo in last election, lobbied hard for Castillo and developers of another unpopular project in Cutler Bay, the mega Publix shopping center in the potato field. Issue is not resolved and will likely be back up for votes in upcoming term of council