I read, and wrote, that Governor Scott said he would remove Steve Bateman AGAIN if he were elected. Well, not according to Ben Kuehne Bateman's lawyer. He has a different opinion:
Mr. Kuehne established the following:
• The Governor’s Suspension authority is limited by the Florida Constitution.
• The Governor has NO authority to re-suspend an official after being elected to fill a temporary vacancy based on the same grounds as the original suspension.
• So long as the voters are fully aware of the circumstances of the arrest and suspension when deciding whether to re-elect the official, the will of the people controls.
• Mayor Bateman’s opponents have broadly publicized the arrest and suspension, so the public is fully aware of the accusations to which Mayor Bateman has pled NOT GUILTY.
• Mayor Bateman is PRESUMED INNOCENT and intends to be vindicated and absolved of any allegation of wrongdoing. (there is more go to link)
It still doesn't mean that I have given up on the idea that Homestead voters are stupid.