Monday, October 29, 2012

Early Voting October 28th. By Geniusofdespair

The voting turnout appeared lighter than Saturday on Sunday. The line was about 2 hours long when I was there about 1pm. Yesterday's line got up to 4 hours.

Anyway, I decided to do a video today of voters talking to me about the election or anything else.  Well guess what, no one would talk to me except a young man and High school girl.  The only others that wished to talk were the politicians (of course).  Although the camera I am using is good the sound sucked because of the wind so I had to dump a lot of what I shot. This is what I was left with. I did ask what they all thought of early voting. Didn't quite get an answer from everyone. I apologize to those whom I shot video of that was unusable. The young man at the end, he is so earnest, he is our future. I like our chances with a kid like him.  I was told by the campaign workers, if you show up prior to 7 pm. They do not send you away. The Polls will stay open till everyone on line votes. I would assume that people will move faster as the evening progresses.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for doing this! It will encourage others to come out. I'm volunteering - calling and canvassing. Trying to convey the urgency of voting in this election. Forward!

Anonymous said...

That was great! The line was long at the So. Dade Government Center. They had a separate operation for the elderly and the handicapped and that helped to speed up the line. Thank goodness there were slates there as it made everything go faster. In addition to fun and conversation, people were selling things.

Anonymous said...

I met some interesting people at the polling place today. They said they were Obama Republicans and we had some interesting discussions as we waited 2 hours in line to vote. There are more people out there who don't fit the typical pattern than I thought.

Geniusofdespair said...

By the way, I WOULD NOT VOTE FOR GARY PYOTT (HE IS ENDORSED BY THE CFC) who is pictured in this video.