Saturday, May 05, 2012

Jeffrey Solomon Running for State Rep. District 115. By Geniusofdespair

I would like to officially announce to you my return as a candidate for the Florida House of Representatives District #115. I would also like to share why I am running again and what the difference is between our 2010 effort and what we have to look forward to in this year’s November 6th 2012 election.

I am a native of Miami, married with four children enrolled in Miami-Dade County public schools and Florida’s university system. I am also a business owner and a practicing physician who has been fixing broken people for over 30 years. Because of my background and values I believe strongly in teamwork principles and in supporting ideas that improve our community; ideas that are bipartisan not strictly based upon party “rubber stamp” politics. We need a new direction to revive Florida’s economic security, create more jobs, and to ensure our children's future. It's time for real solutions and common sense to be brought to Tallahassee.

District #115 has changed dramatically with the recent redistricting and anti-gerrymandering laws passed by the citizens of Florida. It is now a swing district in which there is a near even divide between registered Democrats and Republicans and nearly one third of the voters are independent or have no party affiliation.

10 comments:

Tere Gavalda said...

Jeff will be a great asset to the Miami-Dade Delegation. I am glad he decided to run again.

Anonymous said...

Solomon raised a lot money last time he ran and I think he still got crushed with barely 30% of the vote. If you are not Hispanic (or black in a black district) you can kiss your election chances goodbye.

Anonymous said...

Well Anon above, I guess you’re making a mute point… the person that Salomon is challenging is another Anglo, Michael Bileca. Do you homework.

Anonymous said...

Good point Anon above, and besides, I think the name Salomon appeals more to Hispanics then Bileca.

Anonymous said...

Bileca is the single biggest threat to public education funding in Tallahassee. Were do we sign up to support Salomon. BTW I'm a Republican.

Ross Hancock said...

Bileca sponsored the "Parent Trigger Bill." He needs to go. Please support Dr. Solomon.

Anonymous said...

Great news! Now the folks in Palmetto Bay, Pinerest, the Falls etc. will have a real choice on Novembers Ballot.

Anonymous said...

I guess redistricting may reap some good benefits after all. Go Salomon!!!!!

Geniusofdespair said...

DEAR JOLLY - Spelling doesn't count and a mistake like you pointed out are usual with people doing quick phone texting... we knew what he or she meant.

the bird said...

Good luck Jeffrey!!! Where do I sent the check??