Thursday, May 17, 2012

Adrienne Arsht Center: Lang Lang. By Geniusofdespair

The Concert Begins...
Waiting for the concert to start. Wish you were here...lol...not really. Had a good dinner at Barton G, sat at a table next to Sanford Ziff (sporting a toupee) and his new wife, is it Bernice? Lang Lang is ready to go on, have to go. The flounder was good.

First half was excellent (thinking about the Heat Game - half, get it?). Chopin is coming after intermission. Taping the game so no scores please.

The Concert Ends
Heard the score. Bummer.

Lang Lang did two encores in response to curtain calls. I have no idea what I was listening to as I know nothing about classical music. I assume they were both by a an old-time composer, I would guess it was more Chopin...maybe Bach.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool that you were able to attend this performance. Let me ask you this, how much were tix? Public dollars used to build this thing yet shows are not really accessible to the majority of residents.

Geniusofdespair said...

I paid $380 for 4 tickets.