Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Sorry Jeffrey Bercow...and other news. By Geniusofdespair

The Board of County Commissioners added language stating “no person who is currently a registered lobbyist or who does business with the County may be appointed to serve as a member of the Charter Review Task Force.”

That takes Lobbyist Jeffrey Bercow off the Charter Review Task Force. It makes me sort of happy but I would rather not have the Task Force at all. Wish I could get rid of a few of the others members. I wonder if any of the others are doing business with the County, I checked them all for lobbying.

Rumor has it that Joe Garcia is going to enter the race against David Rivera. Expect a slug fest if that happens.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to see the Garcia run again. That would be an interesting campaign. Personally, neither one are in my Dist. but the fireworks would certainly be worth watching the display!

I think the Dem's really dropped the ball on this race, I guess thinking a "ham sandwich" could beat Rivera, so to speak, and not reflective of anyone! But, the
GOP machine is in full gear.

Let the games begin!

As to Bercow's appointment - it just shows the majority of this County Commission is so out of touch with the real world and the people they serve! I'm surprised Jordan hasn't tried to sneak in a pay raise somewhere (and she is one of the least deserving). There's still time, I guess, between now and August or November!

I'd love to see the real people of this County vote out all the Commission incumbents this year. Even Moss, who will probably win due to no real opposition. He did some pretty nasty stuff before he became "good". And, I'd like to see the Elections department really go full throttle on the AB fraud.