Saturday, March 03, 2012

Ticketmaster Sucks. By Geniusofdespair

I got in this habit of keeping my IPhone near my bed. Not anymore thanks to Ticketmaster. They send me emails at 4 am, 6 am, etc. In other words, they wake me up. I get these emails a few times a week. I don't need that many emails either. Even with sound off, the phone lights up.

I tried to cancel the email account. All the options don't work. The "Email Us" link doesn't work. I got caught up in loops. The customer service phone number brings you to ticket sales. As a last resort, I tried to change the email address on the account. I still get emails to my phone even though they acknowledged the email was changed.

They should have an "Unsubscribe" link on their emails. Because they don't, Ticketmaster sucks. And, I will say it once more so Goole will be sure to pick it up: Ticketmaster sucks until they get my IPhone number off their list and stop annoying me. A word of warning, do not buy tickets from Ticketmaster on your cell phone unless you want this to happen to you.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe that it is law that they have "unsubscribe" links and the address of the sending entity

Geniusofdespair said...

They have it on ARSHT center emails but not on the Ticketmaster on the phone. Here is what Ticketmaster says:

Regardless of your selections above (to unsubscribe), if you purchase a ticket, or if you complete a registration form in order to be able to purchase a ticket to an event or to receive a TicketAlert®, then parties associated with that event or Alert may still be provided with your information and may still contact you. Please see our privacy policy to learn how we use and disclose information you submit.

Anonymous said...

You can turn off email alert sounds on your iPhone. You need your sleep!

Geniusofdespair said...

It still lights up...I do do that now, turn off the sound.

Anonymous said...

Call Blocking app and/or contact your service provider to it block from their end.

Anonymous said...

It would be a whole bit simpler it they would use courtesy when dealing with their customers... An email a week is too often from a business.....

Anonymous said...

No, there's a notifications setting so your email doesn't ding when the iPhone is asleep. But the sound is still on so you can still get a call. Go to the Genius Bar and ask, you should get a family discount there.

Anonymous said...

Boycott Ticketmaster. That's what I do - there's no way that I'm going to pay more than 10% of a ticket in the name of convenience. I always take a little trip to the Arscht Center, AA Arena, etc. to save the money AND have a better idea of the tickets available.

Anonymous said...

Ticketmaster sooo totally sucks! I have been using http://frontrowtickets.com for years. Way better selection and they are actually nice to me, what a concept...

The Fanarchist said...

fed up of Ticketmaster's High Ticketing Fee?? then ull like this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLH0Qw16QT8 - Check our blogs at www.fanarchist.com and feel free to share your views and experiences with us.