Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Commissioner Jose "Pepe" Diaz is Delusional. By Geniusofdespair

Miami Herald Columnist Fred Grimm did a good job poking fun at County Commissioners' reactions at losing their freebie tickets to events because of recommendations by the Ethics Commission. Pepe Diaz had the dumbest reaction of all:
But event organizers aren’t really trying to finagle political favors, Commissioner Diaz explained. They just want a bit of their prestige. He said, “At the end of the day, people want to see us at their events.”
I swear, you couldn't even make this stuff up. Pepe, sorry to inform you, people have no idea who you are. Only a political wonk, like me, would recognize your mug and maybe 1/4 of your district. Even if they did recognize you, people don't like the County  Commission so you wouldn't be adding prestige. Pepe, they give you tickets to curry favors plain and simple. (I had used the Urban Dictionary spelling/meaning  'dillusional' but am changing it to delusional).
I swe
Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/12/2690292/at-miami-dade-county-hall-the.html#storylink=misearch#storylink=cpy
I

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Genius you are absolutely correct!I voluteered on county committees and never received a free ticket to any concert, opera, musical or free meal. Yet everyday citizens volunteer their time and drive using fuel and never get a Thank You. I sure never got a freeby from the Commissioner that appointed me. However, I do know friends family and high rolling money folks were given free and complimentary tickets to events. That is one reason I do not volunteer anymore. Again, Thank you Genius for exposing this wrong.

Anonymous said...

I too served on a County Board. The Commissioner who appointed me NEVER, ever contacted me regarding any item coming before the Board I served on and feel honored to know the "le Pew" and "I'm not a crook Martinez" usually voted the opposite of any vote I made. And, I worked for "free" too, not even a ticket to NASCAR in Hudstead!

"lePew" is the poster child for term limits and the "ethically challenged"! As long a the URM is still on the County Commission, I will never support pay raises!

Give the tickets back - believe me, JQP doesn't know you, but hates you none the less.

Anonymous said...

He is also delusional.

Anonymous said...

Pepe Diaz should realize voters and residents hate him?
Please he gets $48,000 per year from the County on his W2 and NO ONE PUTS A GUN TO HIS HEAD to make him run for election.

The crook voted to give over $3 Bil in tax dollars to benefit a private company (Marlins).

Bill said...

Here's how I'd like to see Pepe.

Anonymous said...

Pepe Diaz is insane. Drunk with power.