Sunday, February 19, 2012

Too Hot For Coconut Grove Art Fair? By Geniusofdespair

George "Hairbrush" Tjungurrayi
They are expecting record heat today, but don't despair if the outdoor Coconut Grove Art Fair is too hot for you.  You can always go to the indoor Art Wynwood. I did. Besides the Boteros, Lictensteins and the Rauschenbergs they had some unique pieces. I was impressed with the Aboriginnal art on display from the Leslie Smith Gallery. I especially like a George Hairbrush Tjungurrayi painting (similar to the one below I found on line- my photo didn't come out). The one at left is at the gallery showing at Wynwood.

From the John Leech Gallery


Here is some more of what I saw.  Read the record labels, music for the depressed, for some laughs...
A portion of the piece.
More of it...

Everyone was thinking crosses...

No comments: