Tuesday, January 10, 2012

LinkedIn: go away ... by gimleteye

I resolved this new year to massively "unsubscribe" from the overload of email groups, online organizations and causes they (and I) affiliate with countless other like minds. But the one that rankles most is the social and business networking site: LinkedIn.

I guess I am just not of the social network generation. I sort of "get" Facebook. Yes, you can "friend" me -- Alan Farago-- at Facebook, but don't expect much from me as an online friend. Twitter? Twitter just fills my overloaded brain with short bursts of information that require more time than I have to interpret. I'd rather watch a scroll bar.

Of all these networks that add a pinch of irritation to my online life, LinkedIn is the one grates against my electronic sensibilities. I want to un-link. I want to de-couple. So don't be offended if I don't link in with you. It is not that I am anti-social. I will still be your friend.

1 comment:

Judi K said...

Totally agree! Where is the LIKE button? :)