Sunday, August 21, 2011

Bachmann or Palin To Top The Ticket? God, No! By Youbetcha'

It is pretty amazing that Republicans have produced yet another wacky woman to watch during the upcoming presidential race. Just when I have recovered from the threat of Sarah being a heartbeat away from the Presidency in 2008 (yes it took me 3 years to shake that nightmare off) along comes a lady even scarier and maybe stupider, Michele Bachmann.

While Michele has not claimed to see a Foreign Country from her backyard...yet, she is promising to be just as much of a source for late-night comic material. Watch out Palin! For instance, Bachmann advised her constituents to not fill out census forms hinting that Obama might put folks in an interment camp if they did.

I was thinking today, do I have anything in common with these two gals?

I am a woman but not conservative and not politically inclined to the point of wanting to be the leader of the free world. I also am well aware that the authors of the constitution didn't work tirelessly to end slavery as Bachmann has said. Nor would I board a plane for a flight to Alaska pregnant, once my water broke (Palin).

I do have a degree in religion -- that gets me a comparison to the gals -- as I too have Godly credentials, more than theirs I might add. But as a liberal, we are far apart on ideology. Somewhere along the line, I fell off that conservative hay wagon.

The biggest difference between Michele, Sarah and I is the fact that I have enough sense to know that I am not Presidential material.

All I know is I don’t want to hear whining from Sarah-Michele that the media is abusing them. These ladies need to hire speech writers and staff who know how to fact-check. Then they need to learn how to button those ruby red lips when they don’t have a clue on a topic. And a stroll down that yellow brick road for a REAL brain would be a worthy trip for both.

Michele and Sarah take note: It is because you have no sense of your limitations, not your conservativeness, that divides us as women. Those limitations, if God is truly good, will also keep you both far, far away from the White House.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

"God No" is my response too. Either of these women would be a disaster for our country.

Afraid of the gals said...

Can we add that other lady from south Dade to the list of uber conservative wacks

X bocks said...

Don't you know what is really going on? These women are being used to make Romney look good. He now is the voice of reason in the party.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I think GOP pushes these "gals" forward because they know they are unelectable. Could that be true?

A few things to remember: 1. If Jesus was alive today, he most likely would be a liberal. 2. Michelle has that lightbulb thing working for her, so don't forget that.

Anonymous said...

As a woman, and a retired Republican (they went too far right) but not a Dem either (too liberal), both of these lady's give me nighmares worse than when Palin could have been a "heart beat away". I just can't believe anyone would take them seriously, but they do have their followers.

As to the "South Dade" poster - couldn't agree more! Yes, she belongs in this camp, as wide eyed as I get when they speak, she is probably 40 point below in IQ!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. I watched the debate... Mitt reminded me of a made-for-tv pretty boy politician. Seriously, like we could turn on a tv drama find mitt-baby.

Perry is another one. He strikes me as a pretty boy with Bachmann like (or worse) religious attitude.

Can't we have a candidate of faith who respects other folks? That does not mean beating the crap out of the rest of us who don't travel the same paths. God is a big boy, he doesn't need anyone to tell people to repent... He can handle it. I want one who understands the world, is smart and carries God in their heart.

CATO said...

G.O.D. is not in my heart he's on my computer screen. But I can't seem hm because he is in he realm of cybrspace from where he can track my every move on my facebook account.

Come on dems have had their own wack jobs over the years, Kucinich, Muskie, Maxine Waters, Jerry Brown (aka Governor Moon Beam) etc etc etc.

Youbetcha' said...

Ventura? Is he the wrestler governor? I have a Sonny Bono autographed congressional calendar. Are they dems?

All pols are all wacky, unfortunately they vote on things and get us into deep caca. Scott is beyond wacky though, don't think?

Anonymous said...

You have to admit that they are both great looking!

Geniusofdespair said...

No they are not both great looking unless you like the church-lady type. Cato - I didn't write this post.

Anonymous said...

If these were both Democrats you would all be labeled misogynists.

I am not suggesting these women are Mensa candidates, but Nancy Pelosi and Barbara Boxer are both as dumb as a bag of rocks, but are hailed as women who are "breaking the glass ceiling" or making it in a man's world.

I remember in college my feminist professors hated Margret Thatcher. It always bothered me because they were telling young co-eds that they needed to gain power and change the world. Isn't that what Ms. Thatcher did?

The truth is that one's feeling about a candidate is based on their politics or values. If it was based just on their gender or skin color, Conde Rice would have been considered a true pioneer in breaking convention, but instead she was considered President Bush's sniveling poodle, but the same people that advocate gender and racial equality.

youbetcha' said...

Who said I like or think Nancy Pelosi and Barbara Boxer are rocket scientists? I like Pelosi's suits though.

I liked Marg. She was no nonsense. Of course, I am not British, so it may be that I see her differently.

I can't even think of a handful of Pols that I love (like?). They all seem to drink some weird water and develop weirdness.

Anonymous said...

Iagree with anonymous that the ladies seem to just be in there to create a diversion. If not them then who?

miaexile said...

Condi Rice? Did someone actually mention her name above? Condi Rice was a huge disappointment and WAS Bush's sniveling poodle. She can never be forgiven for going on TV after 9/11 and telling the world "she had no idea anyone would try and use a plane as a missile" ...as for this post, youbetcha you did a helluva job.

What are We thinking said...

Who. It is sad that we don't have any standouts. Someone whom we like, we trust and is in politics for the right reason.

After many years of being exposed to pols and their staffers, I am certain, that they become full of themselves.

I am afraid of the influence of media (not the people per se) but the canned image that is created to make the people " buy" a candidate. It is so orchestrated these days that the public is truly buying or voting for a pig-in-a-poke
who may or may not be wearing lipstick.

The stupid thing is the American population seems to believe everything they see and hear. They don't think about it (or are they that uneducated)--- I wonder if this the impact of tv ads and the Internet that is the authority on everything.