Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Here is Your Final Hint. By Geniusofdespair


This is your final hint to guess where I was Labor Day weekend. If this photo didn't help you because you don't know who Mavynee Betsch is, hit read more for the answer to yesterday's quiz and to see a photo of Ms. Betsch who recently passed away...

Mavynee Betsch had gray dreadlocks, seven feet long which she carried under her arm. Betsch fought to save the site of the Florida plantation on which her ancestors were slaves. She was known as the protector of American Beach, a small community on Amelia Island next to Ameila Island Plantation where I stayed. I met Mavynee once. She was a lovely lady but her long nails, on one hand, sort of grossed me out. She kept her left hand in a plastic bag.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amelia Island?

M

Geniusofdespair said...

Yes, I guess you didn't hit read more because I did give the answer. So you win M.