Friday, February 12, 2010

Nostalgic for your home city? By Geniusofdespair


Don't despair if you are homesick. You can go to this website and watch real-time traffic cams, in most major cities. The picture refreshes every 2 seconds in New York and Washington. In Chicago, every 30 seconds - no fun there. As I am from New York, I chose to watch mostly New York traffic.

Nothing cures the desire to go up north like watching traffic on your favorite roads, you feel like you are there and then you realize you are happy you are not.

I would suppose, if you find a nice turn, you can watch cars slip and slide in icy weather. I was just watching the sunrise in New York.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When my daughter went to college, I would check the webcams everyday. Kids want to be independent when they move, but at least I knew what kind of weather she was experiencing when she went outside. My view for that is Katkam.ca (Vancouver).




tom

Anonymous said...

Very cool! Or very cold, depending on the city.

David said...

Like the traffic situation here is any better!! The only difference is we don't have to wallow in the snow every winter...and that makes it all worthwhile!

Geniusofdespair said...

There are no traffic cams in Miami on this website.