Thursday, November 05, 2009

Alert: If you have Bellsouth Email is it working properly? By Geniusofdespair

OKAY I FIGURED OUT WHAT IS GOING ON. Bellsouth has a SPAM FOLDER ONLINE. It is different from your spam folder. I found all my missing emails there. I wonder how long this has been going on, in one month (they delete every 30 days) I had a about 50 good messages in it. When Bellsouth switched to yahoo this kicked in.

Bellsouth to Bellsouth emails are being mailed but SOME are getting lost in the great abyss. They are not in the junk email folder. I just emailed my spouse 5 emails over 2 days. Only 1 arrived. There were no attachments on any of them. I spoke to someone else who said they sent me emails I never got. Another friend with Bellsouth told me they are not getting all their emails. Anyone having problems? Apparently they are as I just found this on the Bellsouth site when I reported it (you can do what they suggest under "tools" Junk email or Spam protection.)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not getting all the emails people send me. I know that for a fact.

youbetcha' said...

Youbetcha that I am not getting and receiving all the emails that I send and that I am waiting for.

If you use ATT web mail (Yahoo) at all, anything that ends up in your email spam box never makes it to the inbox in your outlook.

It took me over a week to realize that I had emails sitting in webmail spam (Yahoo mail) that never made it to my regular outlook account on my own desk computer. And this was before I had started using webmail, "they" just decided to send half my emails to their spam system :(

Geniusofdespair said...

I just went on line to look at my bellsouth account and indeed - 105 message were there. Many were good, people who email me all the time. And they were not all bellsouth but there were many people who email me all the time in the spam folder.

Anonymous said...

Anyone know how to turn off spam guard?

Anonymous said...

Spam Guard:
You go to your mail account on the bellsouth/att website. Not on your computer webmail program. Once the mail window is open look in the right hand corner at top. There is a button called options. Hit on it. Settings "HIT SPAM" . Turn it off then remember to save the changes with the button at left top. Nothing more will go to this on line folder for spam.

youbetcha' said...

On on Yahoo webmail for ATT, there is a spam guard control link across the top of the spam page. Of course, if you click some links you get the "under construction" option.

Email Spam Protection said...

We can turn off in setings.