Monday, June 08, 2009

The New Touchy-Feely Miami Herald. By Geniusofdespair

I found this Sunday's Herald more aggressively reaching out to readers. Have we suddenly become important Miami Herald? Was the intro of the editorial board members and their/Marquez's plea for us to submit ideas, and then the Gyllenhaal appeal: "Contact me" a sham or a feel-good message of "We are listening, we care what you think."

Well, you have never written back to anything I wrote to you in the past few years Anders Gyllenhaal, what's changed? The last Executive Editor always wrote back. (I posted Anders' nephew's photo instead of his, so that this post is more likely to get read, then I decided to merge the two of them.)

8 comments:

youbetcha' said...

I am supposed to be impressed by a bare chested kid with his undies showing?

The hair is great, too. He must have been asleep when they made him stand for the photo.

Hope his uncle keeps his photos to himself. They would be scary. Can you imagine a photo line up of bare chested Herald editors?

Geniusofdespair said...

I could merge Jake's Body with Ander's head? Would that work for you?

Anonymous said...

someone should send this to the Herald, it is too funny!

youbetcha' said...

Ah. No actually it doesn't work. The gray haired machoman looks a bit... hmmm... ragged around the edges...

NOTE: I said ragged, not rugged.

Is the bedhead a genetic thing?

Also, they would both need to cover the middle with a orthopedic appliance to straighten the curvature of the spine. However, I wonder if that deformity is the result of excessive bending in the breeze every time the political wind blows?

Anonymous said...

I don't know. I think you made your point without the photos. Not funny.

Fun Loving Reader said...

Disagree, it is hilarious. The Herald guy actually looks good. Where is your sense of humor? I am bored silly, need a laugh at work. I read this blog for the warped humor every once in a while. Sometimes it takes itself too seriously.

Anonymous said...

Which one played the Bubble Boy?

The other M

Anonymous said...

apparently what head is on the body makes a difference in how it looks, the older guy looks wrinkled :/