Wednesday, September 24, 2008

St. Augustine: I Just Had to Laugh. By Geniusofdespair

I was in the historic downtown of St Augustine earlier tonight, one of my favorite cities. The wind was blowing about 25 knots but it was a warm breeze, quite nice. After dinner we strolled down Cordova Street. There were two guys sitting on a doorstep, one was playing a guitar, the selection was too country for me but he was quite good. I asked if he knew any Van Morrison. He passed his guitar to the other guy who did. I then heard the worst rendition of "Into the Mystic" on the planet and politely had to stand there and listen. While I listened a guy rode up on a bike and spoke to the other guy who had been playing the guitar at first. There in front of me and my spouse some drugs and money changed hands. Hmmm.

Anyway, the song FINALLY ended and I went on my way out a dollar which went in their cup. I guess they had to hedge their bets...if the guitar didn't make them the money, the drugs would.

Only in Florida.

No comments: