Monday, May 07, 2007

Make your Email Subject Line Count by Geniusofdespair

I feel like the Heloise of the internet today. I just realized I have 328 unopened emails in my personal inbox from the last 4 days. I am going through them, throwing out based on subject line, so my advice: Make that subject line count. I always like to see a date in the subject line if it is about a meeting: I am more likely to open time sensitive emails. If you are a political party: I will never open your email. And, I sure wish people would stop sending me cute things I should send to 10 friends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aleluya! I also hate those e-mails sent to me by well-meaning friends who don't realize my time is more valuable than having to spend it reading inane correspondence. I never bother opening them and if I ever did, I sure don't have the time to forward them to 10 or 20 other people.

Anonymous said...

I think that the Green Party should act more like a discussion group rather than trying to get canidates elected like a political party and then all of its many meetings will be so much more important.