Thursday, February 22, 2007

Did You Know Miami Dade County Gives Balloon Third Mortgages? By geniusofdespair

Since 1995 the county has provided over 1,000 balloon second and third mortgages to residents under the program "Metro Miami Action Plan."

My question is, has anyone done audits on this program considering the ineptness at the county?



I stumbled on this program because I was researching the Jorge Perez post. A man who purchased a $662,000 Condo at Jorge's Aventura Marina, LTD, just a year before, had gotten a Metro Miami Action Plan balloon loan. Maybe my research is mistaken but it sure looks like it was the same guy. I do make mistakes...

The county website says:
"The Metro-Miami Action Plan Trust is committed to addressing the socio-economic disparity of Miami-Dade County's Black community by advocating and coordinating initiatives and programs for the benefit of the community-at-large."

Now, I am not saying this is or isn't a good program. I looked up a few of the people who appear to not have abused it. I just think we need to audit the dysfunctional County Government. A few bad eggs will come out of this program but if there are more than a few, maybe we should rethink such programs or at the very least we shouldn't let the county run them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WTF?!!!!

Anonymous said...

You want to spell out what you found out?

Geniusofdespair said...

No. Do you want to spell out your name?

Hint: you might access the same public records for dates of sales in Febraury 07 for Aventura Marina LTD and then cross check with names you have garnered from that search from records for sales from around that date with mortgages given 3/22/06 by Metro Miami Action Plan on the clerks website. my searches are not for the faint of heart. if you are an investigator, I will give you the name free of charge. Email me.

Geniusofdespair said...

I was told that this balloon mortgage program is one of the few county housing programs that has consistently operated effectively and efficiently, helping hundreds of low-income, first time homebuyers actually buy.

I asked the person who said this to me about the man I found in my search who bought the expensive condo a year after getting the loan...will let you know what I find out.