Thursday, February 10, 2011

Santiago Portal Running for County Mayor. By Geniusofdespair


Before you run out to write checks for this guy, I would do a bit of research. I called the number listed for Santiago Portal and got some wacky message in Spanish. No beep so it could have been the guy actually rambling away. He didn't respond to anything I said. I called the treasurer Juan Jose Lopez. The guy said "Who" a few times and then I was told I got a wrong number.

Rumors to the contrary, Luther Campbell is not officially in the race, only Santiago Portal has signed on recently. He might be the guy in these pictures that came up when I googled the name. I tend to think it just might be him, zany enough to want to be mayor. His sign advocating for a Cuban President, in the U.S., does have one redeeming line: "Honesty against money."

And you all thought Carlos Alvarez was bad.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He has my vote unless Campbell comes in.

Anonymous said...

LOL - I loved the serious TV interview about Campbell running.

jjt said...

Can we get this guy:?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp1bc7Fghk4

I can not imagine a leader like that down here.