Friday, October 02, 2009

Doing My Family Duty: Reporting on Lemurs. By Geniusofdespair


Hi G.O.D. Now, I try not to ask too much of you, but as we are related and you dissed my tasty tofu turkey so I am calling in a favor.

There is a mass extinction going on of the charismatic Lemurs with little hope of recovery. You may ask "What has caused this species to crash?" The answer is always the same. The GOVERNMENT.

The synergistic effects of habitat loss along with an unruly bushmeat crisis have these animals in a strangle hold. The loggers are illegally taking their home as well as their lives. Awarness is the first step to save these social primates. If you are buying furniture don't buy wood from Madagascar. For more information read this article by Meg Lowman highlighting the threats to lemurs' lives.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought a Lemur was a goat.

Geniusofdespair said...

Did I earn my tofu turkey by printing this?

MENSA said...

I am glad you printed it and I hope it gets out to the public not to buy furniture from Madagascar

Anonymous said...

It is amazing how far and fast they leap.

Geniusofdespair said...

I can't believe people in Madagascar are eating the Lemurs into extinction when they could be eating the Iguana that we would be glad to ship them from Miami.

Angelique said...

I will definitely save you a nice big slice of tofu turkey this thanksgiving!

And I do agree-- swap all of the iguanas for lemurs!