On the other hand, we warned county and city commissioners who voted for the worst stadium deal in professional sports history. But nooooo. We knew that the lure of luxury suites and free parking was too much for county and city commissioners. Now? Poor Marlins! Poor Miami Herald!
So, we implore Eye On Miami readers to oome to the rescue. Help us volunteer suggestions how to improve attendance at Marlins' games.
Here are my top five incentives to induce Miami citizens to get their tickets punched for proof of attendance.
1) Attend ten Marlins' games and get one free ticket to the Miami Heat.
2) Attend one Marlins' game and get free parking in Miami for one year. Call it a "twofer".
3) Attend five Marlins' games and get a "certificate of attendance" from FIU that could be used as a resume builder.
4) Attend fifteen Marlins' games and get either a) a free Jet Ski or b) a ten year waiver on your auto registration tax.
5) Attend three Marlins' games and get a date to hunt pythons in Everglades National Park with Carl Hiaasen or bonefish with Gimleteye in Biscayne National Park.