Friday, July 13, 2012

County Campaign Reports an overview. By Geniusofdespair

 I have been waiting for these campaign reports and they are out today.

Through his various corporations, Norman Braman gave Alice Pena $5,000. She raised $12,250. That isn't very impressive.  She is giving money to Dario Moreno to help with her campaign. Hey Alice, when you give money to your own campaign it is a "loan." The sitting Commissioner in District 9 Dennis Moss raised more than 10 times as much $115,531 during the same period. Baseball came through with $2,000 for Moss. Joe Martinez doesn't have much of a chance. He only raised $142,564 in a countywide race. The Mayor's new report says he raised $273,984 this cycle, almost twice as much as Martinez. Overall, Martinez raised $254,338 and Gimenez raised $968,939. Martinez reported a donation from the Miami Dade Water & Sewer Authority for $500. Can they do that?  Little Joe Martinez did get a lot of money from a Garcia at 2950 SW 27th Avenue: $4,500. Miguel DeGrandy gave to him as did Humberto Lorenzo and Juan Mayol.

Another Braman candidate Alison Austin raised $17,043. Against Alison, Audrey Edmonson raised $188,730. That is the most raised by any of the Commissioners. Audrey got Baseball money. Also in the Edmonson race, Keon Hardemon raised $25,437.

The big news, Bruno Barreiro looks to be  in BIG trouble. He only raised $62,730. That is pathetic for a sitting commission.  Luis Garcia, a third Braman candidate raised a very respectable $72,240 against Bruno. I think Luis might win this one.

Shirley Gibson raised $20,960 in the District 1 campaign, $5,000 coming from Braman Companies. Barbara Jordan the sitting commissioner, raised $184,364. In District 11 Juan Zapata raised $175,548. Barbara Jordan's campaign report is a joke. They don't list occupations saying about half are "INFO REQUESTED". Gimme a break the campaign doesn't know what David Samson and Jeffrey H Loria does? And how about Double Play Holding? They also list Bercow Radell & Fernandez P.A. as "Info Requested." They are a law firm for God's sake. They also list a $150 money order from "Greg Unknown." This campaign report is a disgrace, I have never seen one this bad, she should get fined.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Genius for this report. Please continue to keep us informed.

I am a constituent of Dennis Moss and have been for several years. While he may not be perfect, I believe him to be much better than his opposition. In fact, he has always helped me when I call his office for any type of assistance.

Besides, Alice Pena frightens me! Padding her “resume” and having an overwhelming makeover leaves me wondering who is this woman? Evidently the material things aremore important to her than substance, definitely not the person I want representing me.

I like a certain amount of humility in my representatives and Moss does not disappoint me.

I received two phone calls recently from a woman screaming at me about Dennis Moss. I could not believe it. It was horrible. Here she was screaming at the top of her voice trying to tell me how bad Moss was. I had never received a campaign message like this before and, more importantly,I am left wondering who is sponsoring this kind of behavior?

Anyway, Moss called yesterday to explain that several of his constituents had told him about this horrible call. Apparently it is Braman's ad which, I am told, was done in Washington DC. Anybody who would set this woman loose on the voters had to be more ignorant than she is.

Dennis Moss will have my vote and that of my family and friends.

GO COMMISSIONER MOSS!! WE GOT YOUR BACK.!!

Anonymous said...

has anyone seen the District 11 Race Reports? That's the race that everyone is looking at.

Maria said...

I have never heard of the Miami Dade Water & Sewer Authority. Is that the same as the Miami-Dade Water & Sewer Department? Is it the Miami-Dade Water & Sewer union (Local 121)? Could you have made a mistake in writing that down?

Stewie said...

So incumbent Dennis Moss has raised 10 times more than Pena. Why is that a surprise? Incumbents ALWAYS have a huge advantage in fundraising. That's why it's so difficult to get rid of them.

Geniusofdespair said...

Here is what the campaign report said on Martinez:

MIAMI-DADE WATER & SEWER AUTHO
4349 NW 36th Street
Suite 101
Miami Springs, FL 33166 Ot

Maria said...

Martinez's campaign staff are morons. That's definitely the union. The address is the union office.

AFSCME Local 121, Miami-Dade Water and Sewer Employees
Office & Hall: 4349 N.W. 36 Street #101, Miami Springs, Florida, 33166
Website: http://afscmelocal121.org

Anonymous said...

The final reports AFTER the August election will be the most interesting!

I wonder why Bell isn't helping Pena raise more funds or why isn't Pena loaning her own campaign funds? That may be a purposeful sham to not report until after the election!

And, Genius, it's Joe "I'm not a crook" (cough) Martinez, but little Joe also works for me too!

Anonymous said...

Cause Lynda isn't helping Pena?

Anonymous said...

So the corrupt midget is in the pocket of the unions. Another great reason to vote against him.

Anonymous said...

I would expect nothing less from Jordan regarding her campaign report mess! She should be fined - publicly flogged works for me as well!

I have to wonder what Braman's PAC is up to. That's where the real money is for his candidates. Even if he put in 1/2 million, he's still a little less than 1/4 million short of what the incumbents have raised and to be honest, that's just mind boggling.

These commission races shouldn't cost so much. In all my years of not supporting public funding for campaigns, I'm slowly changing my mind. To level the field, I would now support all commission candidates be funded via public funding and no more of this lobbyist and special interest money fueling campaigns of really bad commissioners/incumbents. I would include Zapata in this mix because he's probably going back to his donors from his State Rep campaigns.

Anonymous said...

Pray that Bruno Barreiro vanishes from political sight.

Anonymous said...

The report by Jordan is illegal, however note that the election department will not enforce and/or fine and/or do anything unless a Voter makes a complaint. She can be as sloppy as she wants and for that matter any Candidate can do what they want and roll the dice that no voter files a complaint.

Even if the elections department knows about the activity they will not do anything absent a complaint.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Zapata has outraised Machado by a ridiculous amount. Must be Sasha Tirador's plan to make sure they raise as little money as possible for Machado and Martinez.

I am extremely interested to see how Tirador is going to handle ABs for Martinez and Machado. Keep an eye on that number count.