Saturday, May 26, 2012

It is Daniel Plotkin Mitt. By Geniusofdespair

Mitt's friends who bullied John Lauber remember the incident well. Thomas Buford, Mathew Friedemann, Philip Maxwell and David Seed remember witnessing Mitt Romney cut Lauber's hair as if it were yesterday. Maxwell called it "Vicious." Seed said he was sorry he didn't do more to stop it. According to Seed who ran into Lauber thirty years later, Lauber said "It was horrible." "It's something I have thought about a lot since then."

The only one who didn't remember that particular incident was Mitt Romney.

Mitt: Mine was Daniel Plotkin. He took too long to drink his milk during snack time and the teacher scolded him. We always had to wait for Daniel to finish his milk and it annoyed the rest of the class. Plotkin wore glasses and had his pants above his waistline. I remember him in plaid shirts. I can still see him struggling to drink his milk quickly with his eyes downcast trying not to look at any of us. The rest of the class made fun of Plotkin and treated him like an outcast. No one in the class ever cut his hair or touched Daniel but I will never forget being mean to him, bullying him, making fun of his name. You never forget, and I was only 8 not 18.

(And, looking back today I am wondering what was wrong with my teacher forcing that poor kid to drink milk and making it known to the rest of us that it was his fault we had to wait? Adult bully.)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a poignant post, G. We all carry those kinds of regrets. You are hereby absolved. Go forth and sin no more.

Geniusofdespair said...

Thanks Daniel.

Anonymous said...

Obama admitting to shoving a little girl when he was in grade school. So when will you be doing a column on that?

Geniusofdespair said...

you argue like my father: another Asshole. If you admitted this behavior was not good by Romney and then said what you said about Obama...I would listen but because someone else does something bad doesn't exonerate Mitt. And: At least Obama remembered.

Go read another blog. We aren't for you.

Anonymous said...

Cutting another person's hair is a violation of their body. Your reader has no sense and no empathy.

Kids shoving each other in grade school is par for the course, I am a teacher for 23 years. I have never seen a child hold down someone and cut their hair.

Anonymous said...

How sad you feel that way about your father.

Geniusofdespair said...

I am sadder that I feel that way about someone who is living.

Diggy said...

FUNNY! I always laugh hard at bullying stories. Thanks for sharing!

Geniusofdespair said...

Not so funny. I guess no one every bullied you.

Anonymous said...

A school bully unless dealt with will surely grow into an adult bully. We see that today.

Anonymous said...

Bullying in school is as old as schools are. The difference today is we coddle and baby our kids to the point that standing up for yourself is no longer even part of the equation. There is no way one person cuts my hair if I don't let them. It's time for kids to butch up and stand up. It's a cold cruel world. If you are taught to let people run all over you, you will do the same later in life. Grow a pair and stick up for yourself and stop whining!

Geniusofdespair said...

Yeah brave guy, if you were 140 pounds and some 200 pound guy was sitting on your chest cutting your hair I would like to see you stop him.