Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Councilman Gerado Silva in Medley. By Geniusofdespair

I reported on a vote in the town of Medley a couple of weeks ago. in that article I mentioned Gerado Silva, saying he was the only person I ever met in the industrial-heavy Town, I think I said he seemed like a 'nice guy'.

Today the Miami Herald reported that he was blemished with a grand-theft record, a long running bitter legal battle with his wife, a crazy 911 call and some questionable spending with the Town credit card (why do they have credit cards?). The grand-theft was of his repossessed SUV (he was tasered during the incident and he had his two young daughters with him).  Don't think he sounds that bad if that is what he stole. Bitter divorces can get ugly and Silva said the charges were dropped. You have to cut this guy some slack, he lives in Medley and that would make me sort of crazy.  He was the lone "no" vote on the Council in my previous report. I wonder if someone connected to some deal in the Town is trying to disgrace him? Granted, he is doing a pretty good job on his own but I think someone handed all these charges to the reporter in a bundle, ready to go -- reporters just don't have time for this kind of research on little fish.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny thing. I guess beauty as well as ugliness is in the eye of the beholder. If David Rivera was accused of half these things we'd be on him like butter on rye.