Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Top 10 Things I Hated in 2011. By Geniusofdespair

Actually this list is hard to compile as I hate quite a lot of what I do so there was narrowing down involved. Most of my pet peeves involve anything that wastes my time.

10. Loading the dishwasher with spouse reloading the dishwasher in front of me. Nothing says 'incompetent' more clearly.

9. Washing clothes. This is a colossal waste of time. I haven't figured out how to get around this chore yet besides buying dozens of socks and underwear.

8. Cooking. I have gotten around this pretty good by just refusing to do it.

7. Watching Miami Dade County Commission meetings on TV. This is like chalk on a blackboard especially if Pepe le pew Diaz is talking or Barbara Jordan. Their phony earnestness for the cameras makes me sick. Especially Pepe who tends to read verbatim Lobbyists' scripts.

6. Going to Miami Dade County Commission meetings. Seeing all the lobbyists at the meetings (you don't see this on TV) makes me very sad...for all of us. Nothing says you can't win as much as a lot of money spent on lobbyists.

5. Making small talk. This is an art form. I am at the point now where I can't remember what I ask, so I think I am repeating the same subjects every time I see the same person. I fear I am in a small talk loop.

4. Trying to make long dramatic points in phone texts when, if the other person would pick up the friggin' phone (Vanessa Brito), life would be so much easier and there wouldn't be a written trail.

3. Follow up. I am so scattered on reporting, I can't keep up with my public records requests, and some of your leads. One culprit is contending with so many junk emails.

2. Nasty people, who think they are clever, making comments on the blog.

1. Rampant Absentee Ballot Fraud by Absentee Ballot Brokers.

We also have an EOM heading called 'Demagogue of the Year':
On the local front, County Commissioners Joe Martinez and Lynda Bell share this title as my pick. Both are sneaky with ulterior motives.
On the State front: Erik Fresen.
On the National front: Congressman David Rivera.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

More accurately ... Erik Fresen is Shill of the Year.

Mensa said...

I loved your picture on your blog. I am not sure you really look like that.

Sparrow said...

You sound disheartened. That's what interacting with politicians all year will do to you. I think you somehow harbor some flicker of hope thatif you expose their dishonesty and self-dealing, these plastic, ungenuine, insincere, power hungry egomaniacs will somehow turn into statesmen. Well keep hope alive... but keep us laughing too, as you have all year!

Anonymous said...

Do you use gmail? You won't get much spam if you do.

Geniusofdespair said...

Not disheartened. I never lose hope.

Anonymous said...

Good answer Genius. We are on the same wave length. Never lose hope. Once you do, your'e dead!

Just look at your victory with Ms. Judith Thompson! I put that in the Win Column. But we still have work to do and we will get there.

I have lived long enough to know this is not the way is should be and somehow, "Better Will Come!"

SteveBM said...

Couldn't agree more with your #4. I almost wish texting was never invented. I have certain friends who can't communicate other than texting and it's so goddamn annoying. The smallest conversations take forever!

QuickFixMiami said...

I have to agree with #4. seems your kinda upset at a few people :/ Thumbs up to Vanessa Brito, shes awesome!!