Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Article in The Miami Herald That Sent Chills Down My Spine. By Geniusofdespair

Yes, Jackie Bueno Sousa's column was a shocker because I agreed with her for once. She has a good plan for water consumption hogs: Hit them good where it counts, in their pocketbooks. But that is not the article that floored me.

And, then there was a column by Michael Putney who wonders why Governor Rick Scott canceled an interview. He thinks maybe he might have been too direct in his questions -- Rick Scott's office said some of the questions were insulting. Here are two of them:

"Are you clueless when it comes to accepting money from Washington?"
And,
"Why do you think that in almost every sphere of endeavor the private sector is better than government? I can’t think of a governor in Florida history who has had so little regard for the institution he heads."

Yep, that was a bit harsh, it is a very funny column. But no, Putney didn't alarm me.

The news that really got me today was the story about the woman in California who cut off her husband's penis. Actually the removal of it didn't bother me so much, not after the 1993 Lorena Bobbitt story. It was that this woman dumped the penis in the garbage disposal and turned it on, that really got to me. My mind replayed the sound of the crunching as I read. I thought to myself, did it sound like an over-large chicken neck mashing up? Or, maybe it was more like the screeching and chopping an ear of corn would produce. Doesn't matter, I hear it all. I am still replaying the melange of sounds and now also visualizing the remains. Woof! When I hear a garbage disposal doing its job I will wince...FOREVER! Thanks lady. Still getting chills writing about it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had the same reaction. Hearing can be a curse like in this case.

Anonymous said...

I don't think I'll be able to use by disposal for a very long time.

This blocks out the two other articles I read this am that you posted about. Water what? Scott who?

Did that lady really do that? Cringing!

Geniusofdespair said...

I just used mine - my cereal had a bug in it. Luckily the sound was pretty tame... But I did think about the story the whole time it was running.

WOOF said...

I'm taking this personally.

the melange of sounds and now also visualizing the remains. Woof!

Anonymous said...

Glad you liked Jackie BS's article. I usually find them rather pedestrian and ocassionally arrogant.
As to the dick crunching incident - OUCH .....