Wednesday, June 02, 2010

The Most Beautiful Thing I Saw in Naples Florida This Weekend. By Geniusofdespair

For me it was a toss up, between this royal poinciana tree and:
This 427 Cobra...



Which do you prefer? BTW The Cobra holds the world record for most expensive American car ever sold. The 1966 Shelby Cobra 427 Super Snake made history in 2007, selling for $5.5 million at the Barrett-Jackson Collector Car Auction. This Cobra I saw didn't appear to be a kit but I am no expert. And, not to shortchange the poinciana tree, here is a closeup of the flowers:


(hit on images to enlarge them)

6 comments:

youbetcha' said...

The tree.
The car looks like a walking catfish

Anonymous said...

I vote for the tree, not feeling good about oil or gasoline lately.

swampthing said...

The tree is free, lasts a lifetime, but you cant take it widcha.

The chariot will take you place, rust and wreck ya, but it will getcha layed.

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't object to either in my front yard. They're both beautiful.

Surey said...

The tree in all three colors - red-orange, orange, and yellow-orange. :) I drool at the sight of the Delonix regia. And hey, maybe you can get some action beneath it on a carpet of colored flowers- swampthing! :)

Who says that trees don't change colors in Florida?

Judi K said...

Plus, you don't have to insure the tree, or worry about someone stealing it in the night...