Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Reader Says: "Eye on Miami" is Getting Boring. By Geniusofdespair

I don't totally disagree with this boring statement, I just have to add -- we have always been boring. Giving you facts and figures, researching county documents, explaining complex issues so you can understand them -- it is immensely boring, for us too. However, you need to know this info to make informed decisions. We are trying to educate some of you. You don't have to agree with us, but we do go to great pains to give you accurate information without the luxury of research staff. My legislative text post was incredibly boring but also very important. It shows what we have to sift through -- 58 pages of crap -- to get you a story. That is what most County Commissioners DON'T READ to make decisions -- they just count on the lobbyists to distill the issue and to give them a few talking points to support the lobbyists views. And, reading through hundreds of pages of campaign contribution reports to get you a short post, is not very exciting for me.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

This readers comment sheds light on why Fox News is so popular.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for being so dull and pithy. I like pithy. I don't write that way myself and I appreciate how you value my time.

Anonymous said...

Boring? Never! If you are guilty of anything, it's not writing for people with an 8th grade reading ability. Some issues can only be dumbed down so much. I think you are getting under some skin by telling the truth. It's been a long time since the lobbyists, developers and commissioners have been under a microscope of this magnitude. Ignorance is not bliss folks. Read and learn, grasshopper.

NOT A COMPLAINER said...

A blog is made more interesting by the comments. If the readers don't leave comments, the blog is not as vital because blogs by nature are suppose to be interactive.

So reader: Blame yourself if you find the blog boring! Leave a provocative comment to get the dialogue going instead of complaining.

Judi K. said...

Some of us find your material to be very topical and informative. Let the rest go back to playing tetris or whatever they do the rest of the day.

Lynn Anderson said...

I love the Joe Critic who just sits on his azz, won't do a thing to help himself or his community and loves to complain about the sun coming up in the morning. The public is tough.

Anonymous said...

Yes! I agree with anon 1, this blog is real news. Real, local, pertinent, disturbing and factual. I for one appreciate all your hard work.

Michael Froomkin said...

You are not boring. You are NECESSARY.

Anonymous said...

You are anything but boring. You are also very much appreciated -- this coming from one who was slamed this week. :) I think the boring comment is arrogant and I agree with the previous blogger that bored people should watch Fox News Entertainment or maybe the shopping channel or something.

Geniusofdespair said...

Now I am sorry we (I?) slammed you.

Alex said...

Agree with Froomkin - what you do is very needed.

If what you read here doesn't make your blood boil and makes you more committed to put politician's and government's feet to the fire, then it's not the blog that is boring. It's you.

Anonymous said...

I agree..you are boring and it's always the same crap..slamming county commissioners. I am no longer reading your blog..you are becoming just like the herald.

Geniusofdespair said...

Glad to see you go Commissioner.

Anonymous said...

Just like the Herald??

Anonymous said...

Gimlet and Genius- keep doing it right! Thank you for all the great work you put into this, one of the few truly informative sites for Miami residents.
-Loyal reader, Miami native