Monday, March 23, 2009

Down at County Hall for The Marlins Vote. By Geniusofdespair

I was promised a free lunch so I went down to Miami Dade County Hall. Didn't pan out. I took a few pictures and left. Before I left, the guy sitting next to me said: "If you pay me $100 I will testify whichever way you want." He had a "For" and "Against" card in his hand so I could choose. If I thought it would have done any good, I would have given him the bucks. Anyway here are a few photos (you didn't expect me to actually stay there did you?).

This is AFL-CIO South Florida President Fred Frost writing his speech. Wait let me help: Jobs, Jobs and Jobs. More photos:

Do you actually care that the jobs are mostly part-time and temporary...I hope you already got some great promises IN WRITING Fred. I guess it is not very different from me going for a free lunch (I got screwed) or the man selling his testimony (no takers). All three of us probably got screwed in the end.


Marlins Brass getting seated in their RESERVED section.


Hashim Benford of Lift was there to speak against the Stadium. More pressing issues for money.


Commissioner Pepe Diaz blabbing on about something or other.


Commissioner Joe Martinez talking to the press, about nothing I presume.


Police outside in the ready, in case people get rowdy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

$3,000 an hour, wow, who knew Bercow was laying off attorneys.

Geniusofdespair said...

??? did you post on the wrong blog.

Anyway, I have been listening to the public for about an hour and a half. Some of these people are dumber than dirt.

Anonymous said...

$100 for two minutes testimony = $3,000 per hour.