Tuesday, February 17, 2009

You might want to reconsider Facebook. By Geniusofdespair

Here is the Big Brother, scary stuff you agree to with Facebook (and all of you, take your year of birth off please):

You hereby grant Facebook an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, fully paid, worldwide license (with the right to sublicense) to (a) use, copy, publish, stream, store, retain, publicly perform or display, transmit, scan, reformat, modify, edit, frame, translate, excerpt, adapt, create derivative works and distribute (through multiple tiers), any User Content you (i) Post on or in connection with the Facebook Service or the promotion thereof subject only to your privacy settings or (ii) enable a user to Post, including by offering a Share Link on your website and (b) to use your name, likeness and image for any purpose, including commercial or advertising, each of (a) and (b) on or in connection with the Facebook Service or the promotion thereof.

Are we all out of our minds?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Short answer is YES!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Terms of Use Update
Close

Over the past few days, we have received a lot of feedback about the new terms we posted two weeks ago. Because of this response, we have decided to return to our previous Terms of Use while we resolve the issues that people have raised. For more information, visit the Facebook Blog.

If you want to share your thoughts on what should be in the new terms, check out our group Facebook Bill of Rights and Responsibilities.

Anonymous said...

Maybe I'm just getting old and grumpy (I'm still in my 40's),but I really hate all this technology!
I don't want the world to be able to see who I know and what I do via my facebook page,nor do I want to have constant access via a cellphone 24/7.
I watched in amazement as my late 60s houseguest spent several hours non stop texting on his phone as we were driving to the Keys.When he wasn't texting he was on the phone.
I think I'm gonna have to move to the woods where I can escape all this "connectedness".