Friday, November 07, 2008

Michelle's Dress: Fashion Faux Pas? By Geniusofdespair

Okay, I am admitting it: I hated the dress. What was going on with those red speckled edges? It ruined all those cover photos for me. I like the woman but again I call for a fashion consultant. What is it, Democratic women aren't allowed to wear a tailored suit, they have to look frumpy? Hillary dressed pretty well for a Democrat. I know this because all I remember about her clothes is not much, so it was never offensive to me.

I entered "Michelle's Dress" in google and got 4,670 hits. One writer said:
"The first thing newly elected President Barack Obama needs to change ... Michelle's dress."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the dress was an attempt to put focus on the narrowest part of her body ... her waist. It kinda didn't work.

Right, I vote for a stylist. Let's call what not to wear.

Anonymous said...

Hmm maybe she should blow a bunch of cash like Palin. Seriously - it pisses me off that women's outfits are scrutinized in a way mens never were and never will be. Let's not feed the frenzy people.

Anonymous said...

No anonymous, this is important stuff. If Obama was wearing a brown plaid suit you would hear plenty!! Frump is not an option for such a pretty woman. In 50 years we don't people saying she was a bad dresser like Roslyn Carter. We need a Jackie Kennedy style.

You have heard: Clothes make the man...well that applies to women too!

Anonymous said...

What was she thinking? She would have looked better in jeans. I don't get it; how can a smart and pretty woman like her not look in the mirror?

Anonymous said...

Its all about symbolisim:

The Cuban fashion designer (Narcisso Rodriguez) who designed the dress was directly inspired by the 26th of July movement and the flag they toted is almost identical to the dress. Coincedence - I think not Comrades.....

Anonymous said...

Give us a break, anonymous.

It is a simple red and black dress.

I wear a lot of red and black combos and that doesn't make me anything besides a person who looks nice in those colors.

Learn to spell check and learn to check your facts.

The only thing similar to flag is the colors, which in the flag are red and black. The flag's colors are solid stripes... which by the way are the same colors used throughout the world as a background for flags of many nations.

Mr. anonymous: you are full of caca. Go to fashion design school and learn something useful.

Anonymous said...

I thought the dress looked amazing in her and i loved it. It all depends on your sense of fashion. I actually want to get that dress for myself. Even though i will have it at a shorter length.