Thursday, November 06, 2008

Let’s write to the Governor. On second thought, don’t bother! By Youbetcha'

I got this reply September 26th from the Governor: “Due to the volume of emails sent to the Governor, there may be a delay in responding to your email. Please know that the Governor's office is making every effort to respond to your inquiry.”

For those of you who are politically overwhelmed these days, we still have an executive government in the State; Charlie Crist, governor and Jeff Kottkamp, Lt Governor. Kottkamp’s response was more polite but even more noncommittal: “I have received your recent email and appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Unfortunately, due to the volume of correspondence my office receives, it is not always possible to provide a personal response.”

Don’t expect answers to your direst needs should you email the executive branch of Florida. I have been waiting for 6 weeks and at this point I expect that an answer will not be coming: My thoughtful email to the executive branch was an exercise in futility.

No comments: