Friday, November 14, 2008

I Was Censored Today by the Miami Herald. By Geniusofdespair

I wrote a comment on the Miami Herald Website about the Property Appraiser special election and I was CENSORED by the Herald, here is what they made me take out to print it:

Their Message: Please edit or remove the following word(s), then resubmit your comments: Seijas, Seijas.

I removed Seijas twice from my post and here is what they published (note they had no trouble with Barreiro and I did not use the word "VILE"):

geniusofdespair wrote on 11/14/2008 02:45:46 PM:
Gwen will NOT be a tool of this Commission. Natacha is the actual Commission chair pulling Barreiro's strings. Natacha and Gwen Margolis hate each other. Wouldn't you all like to keep the $3,000,000 plus? I would. I don't care who gets the position, I just don't want to pay the $3,000,000 to get them into it. - my snip -

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see nothing wrong with that comment at all unless you rubbed a supporter (who also works for the Herald)the wrong way.
I say we should all cut n paste your comment until they allow it or the censor gets tired!

Geniusofdespair said...

missing the point they made me CUT OUT Seijas. Will go back and make it clearer

Anonymous said...

It was pretty clear to me...they had no problem with Gwen either BTW.

The Miami Herald sucks anyhow.

Anonymous said...

Anders, do you have control of your newspaper?

Anonymous said...

Apparently this is common practice at the Herald. I also wrote a comment mentioning Seijas and the same message appeared and would not accept it until I removed the word "Seijas". Who knows? Maybe she is part-owner of the Miami Herald.

Anonymous said...

If they won't let you write f--k then it stands to reason they won't let you write Seijas.