Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving Kids: Give Thanks for the Liquidators Today! By Geniusofdespair

I thought about what I am thankful for today and it is the Liquidators of Chernobyl. Don't know what they are? Well, not for long, here are 3 videos and all show Liquidators in them. This video was excellent as a primer. I am sure it will brighten up your day...well, at least wake it up! This second video is all about the Liquidators. DO NOT SKIP THIS ONE!! As the second video says about the Liquidators: "Never Forget" and "Never Forgive."

I did find a fascinating third video with no sound but strangely, it packs an emotional wallop. This might be the best one for showing Liquidators at work. The first one gives you background on what happened, the second shows you these heroes and the third is just incredible documentary history of this event a few days after it all started.

Most of these Liquidators are probably now dead but you can celebrate their work, seeing them alive in these videos. As you watch, you know they are engaged in deadly work that managed to save the lives of hundred of thousands of people. The Liquidators didn't know the work was deadly, no one told them but they are heroes just the same.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This went right to my heart strings. But I couldn't stop watching them, all three were an education. I just never knew how they stopped it.

Anonymous said...

OMG...why have I never heard of this before?

Anonymous said...

Why would you put horrible things up on a holiday? I don't get it.

Geniusofdespair said...

Hello, G of DESPAIR! What else would I be thinking about?

We learn from the despair in our lives, that is my personal meaning, LEARN from the bad things.

Anonymous said...

I heard after cleaning up they had x-ray vision and could fly! Sometimes you have to give something to get something.......
Happy Thanksgiving!