Monday, November 03, 2008

Boyz II Men in Miami last night. By Geniusofdespair

Boyz II Men performed at the Mariott in Miami last night at the "M. Athalie Range Musical Celebration of Life Gala". I was there and so was Dorrin Rolle, Barbara Carey-Shuler, Betsy Kaplan, Garth Reeves and Gwen Margolis. I told Former County Commission Chair, Dr. Barbara Carey-Shuler (now a mortician) that I missed her. When I started to tell her about the "unreformable majoriity" on the County Commission (and that her hand-picked replacement was one of them) she politely backed away from me...fast.

Dr. Enid Pinkney and Dr. Dorthy Jenkins Fields got special awards. I know Enid and she is a wonderful woman. She never backs away from me.

The Coral Reef High School jazz band was fabulous as were Tarchiba Clark, Kiara Latham, Qwyn Netara, Xerron Mingo and LaRonz Wells from Northwestern Senior High School performing show tunes (singing and dancing). Between the two high schools and the Boyz...there was some great music, I was glad I went!

No comments: