Friday, October 10, 2008

Congressional Race: The terrorism smear you can only find in Miami! by SunshineUnderground

This flyer (Hit to enlarge it), from a local right wing blog, features a Joe Garcia backdrop behind images of Fidel Castro, Hugo Chavez and Osama Bin Ladin, and is so hilariously over the top that I had to share it. But really, I'm not sure how seriously to take it.

I see stuff like that is as part of an internal Cuban-American debate, one that the hardliners, both on radio and on blogs, are increasingly losing, as a more moderate and pragmatic consensus slowly takes shape. Anyway, denounce it, or laugh at it, your choice. I prefer to laugh.

(The Blog, Versailles Beat, is written by 3 retired guys: One is 80, one is 76 and the third doesn't give his age.)

7 comments:

swampthing said...

Don't see joe's mug on that flier, but whatever Cindy Sheehan does is fine with me. She is an american hero, peace mom.

Anonymous said...

Oh come on please...an American hero.

Geniusofdespair said...

Go to the website and take a look at the writers.

out of sight said...

Joe is the background of the card. I want to know where the money comes from for these productions.

I struggle to pay the phone bill and these guys are spending zillions on producing crud.

Anonymous said...

It is his opponent who worries he may be losing and has his people do stupid but nasty lying things. We will all be better off when both those brothers are out of our sight and hearing. The money behind this sleaze is ours. The elected reps get enough of our money to play with plus all they are given by special interests that they can underwrite anything. I assume the blog refers to age only to point out how young these guys are. Or at least that is so from where I stand.

Geniusofdespair said...

I added the age in, of course, to point out how young they are Mensa...

Truthfully, I was really trying to point out what generation of Cuban's they were, as SunshineUnderground pointed out -- the younger generation is not as hardline. However, I was pretty impressed that those three have their own blog. It is not too late mensa.

Anonymous said...

They even have links to Anne Coulter and Rush Limbaugh. Talk about liers and twisting the truth!