Friday, August 15, 2008

Be Careful Who You Get to Endorse Your Candidate or Your Issue. By Geniusofdespair

There are a lot of people who don't like the community leaders around town. For instance, I don't like Marco Rubio and also I am not a big fan of lobbyist and Democratic money-man Kris Korge. I also don't like the Mayor of Hialeah mixing his business deals with the government. So when I see this endorsement crap with these three on it, it makes me not want to vote for the issue: In this case the Children's Trust, for which I am still on the fence.

The same goes for Candidate endorsements. They can kill your chances.

So, my advice is don't use unpopular or controversial people for endorsements, it will backfire.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's the bipartisan status quo.

Geniusofdespair said...

I don't like some of the bipartisan leaders they chose to front for them. In this case: less is more. Ruth Shack, Dan Gelber for the Dems and Charlie Crist for the Pubs would be enough. Korge, Rubio and even Crew...they can turn people off. I guess they need one of every ethnic/racial group too.

Anonymous said...

Some endorsements are the kiss of death. The running joke in deep south was; if Shiver or Losner endorsed you, you were dead meat. They did not endorse very many candidates, maybe no one asked!

Anonymous said...

Kendrick Meek is not someone I like anymore since his mom has been out hawking as a lobbyist for developers and was involved in the Stackhouse scandal. I hope B.H. Obama is listening.

Anonymous said...

Did anyone look at the money that the lobbyist for the Childrens Trust made during the campaign - 7500.00 bi-weekly its pathetic - what id Diana Ragbeer's background ? No one seems to want to discuss it - please investuigate and tell - thanks

Anonymous said...

I heard about her salary and saw it in writing during the campaign -She sure thought she knew what she was doing...what a joke !! she has everyone so conned - I still feel something was funny going on with that campaign - I am sure it was tainted just like the organization is.....