Sunday, May 06, 2007

Broward's Bankatlantic Center's Sound System Sucks Compared to Miami's American Airlines Arena. By Geniusofdespair

Why do I ever bother with Broward? I always get aggravated when I go there.

There is no finer version of Leon Russell’s “A Song for You” than the Herbie Hancock rendition with Christina Aguilera singing vocals. And, Aguilera singing “It’s Impossible” is pretty great too. I love her voice so I went to hear her concert at the Bankatlantic Center in Broward tonight...yes with the tennyboppers. I didn’t care, I wanted to hear Christina belt out a few songs.

The sound was so bad at Bankatlantic, I couldn’t hear the vocals clearly. I have been to many concerts at the American Airlines Arena and I have never had problems with the sound, whether it was the Rolling Stones or the MTV Awards. But tonight at the Bankatlantic, when Christina talked I couldn’t understand her words and her singing was drowned out. They played videos of people talking about Christina, you couldn’t understand them either. The sound could best be described as “blaringly, loud muffled.” The band and the backup singers over-powered Aguilera's splendid voice. I will never ever go to a concert at the Bankatlantic again, even if the tickets are free. The tickets I bought were $100 a pop, what a colossal waste of money.

P.S. And, barf, the "Pussycat Dolls" was the front band --or should I say show since all they did was dance and sing. What I won't do to hear my favorite Leon Russell song sung by the right diva.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should not be going to pricey concerts, but should spend your time doing research for your blog.

Geniusofdespair said...

This was research -- i was researching the sound systems of various concert venues.

RADIO RHONDA said...

I WOULD BE MISERABLE IF THE ARTIST COULDN'T SING HER SONG BY LEON OR ANYBODY ELSE!
I'M GOUNG TO SEE STEELY DAN THIS WEEK @ THE HARD ROCK. I'VE BEEN PREPARING FOR WEEKS. THEY'VE JUST GOT TO SOUND TERRIFIC!!

Geniusofdespair said...

Radio Rhonda - report back on the Hard Rock after you go.