Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Is anyone paying attention to the water restrictions? By geniusofdespair


According to the Palm Beach Post, Lake Okeechobee has dropped to 10.61 feet above sea level. This is the lowest the lake has been since Aug. 1, 2001, and is about 4 feet below where it was this time last year. If the lake drops 5 more inches, water will no longer be able to drain out of it by gravity. The South Florida Water Management District will have to pump it out, and that will mean a lot less water for everyone and even MORE restrictions (that I suspect we aren't following anyway).

It seems like Palm Beach is taking this a lot more seriously than Miami Dade. In fact, I have heard that our Miami Dade Commissioner Natacha Seijas has been refilling her hot tub weekly and that she has been watering her grass every single day (in case you water police want to head over there).

And why are you readers not doing the Mini Poll on the right side of this page? If you don’t even do the mini poll, I bet you aren’t conserving water either. There is a correlation.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

THAT'S IT. The vision of her in the hot tub is too much for me.

Anonymous said...

That poll is not "fixable".... it is a little program kind of thing that you put into a web page all ready for you to add the questions... (I use them on my site, too)

Unless you are a computer script wiz you are not going to break the computer code and change it.

We are not voting in national elections anyway... no reason to cheat.

I didn't use the poll because there is not "all of the above" as a choice.

Anonymous said...

LOL I didn't even realize that was your poll (although it does say it in big letters up at the top) - I saw the white square and thought it was some google thing. Okay, I'll vote now...

About the water restrictions - sadly Miami is the least environmentally sensitive place I know. Everyone has a "me" mentality. Ban plastic bags like SF? I couldn't see it happening here. And what a joke - Cruella de Seijas is now the "environmental" commissioner, sitting at the head of the land use committee. Fox guarding the hen house!

Anonymous said...

Poll does not proffer answers that chart the complex interaction of government/business/macro economic factors in supporting the local condo market. Its kinda stupid

Anonymous said...

does that make her bath tub the bay of pigs?